Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nature

So a few days ago I was leaving the apartment to run errands when I ran into some mallard ducks. They were near the bottom of the stairwell and they both kind of just stood there, I found this an opportune time to run back up and grab my camera. I followed around the pair (the brown one being female and the one with the green head being male) and, being the dork that I am, yelled out "The water is over THERE!" Haha (hey, I was alone at the time, no one could hear me...I think...).

Later that day, Dizzle came home and we decided to go for a jog/walk around this small lake near us. This is where we saw about 10-12 pairs of the same ducks hanging around. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me for that, but we both did find it kind of neat to see so many ducks in one area. We also saw rabbits on a bunch of lawns that we passed by. It's a wonderful sign that spring is upon us! Apparently, after looking online, anywhere between March and April the female ducks lay their eggs, and the male then leaves, after they had been paired off since October or November. This is the reason I love going for walks and why I love hiking, you just never know what you might see :)




"Umm...Joan, I'm pretty sure it's THIS way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment