Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2010 - A Reflection on a Crazy Year

I decided to go back and reflect on this past year. This has definitely been the most exciting, nerve-wracking, and intense year I've ever had. (Note: I apologize that not all the months line up, for whatever reason it can't be fixed).
                                                                    
                                                                  JANUARY
        Dizzle had his going away party for OCS, which was an absolute blast.

FEBRUARY
Dizzle and I officially started dating and he left for OCS. The same day he started OCS, my dad called me and told me he was engaged.

MARCH
I can't actually remember much of what happened. Dizzle and I sent a lot of letters back and forth, and I was helping my best friend get ready for her upcoming wedding in May. 

APRIL
I actually bought my first digital camera! Sad, I know. I spent Easter in Boston with my Dad and Sue. My grandparents came as well! :) The weather was starting to get really nice by the end of the month so a friend and I went to Green Lakes and basked in the sun. Kassie (my best friend's little girl) also turned 2!
                                                       My sister and I in Boston.

MAY
Very busy month!! My best friend had her bridal shower, bachelorette party, and she got married!! Dizzle also graduated from OCS!

 

JUNE
Dizzle and I got engaged! Another one of my friend's had her bachelorette party, went to visit Dizzle as he was going through his schooling, visited old friends from college,  and my dad got married! Dizzle and I also had our first experience with Ethiopian food :)
                                                   
                                                                          JULY
  I spent July 4th with Dizzle. We took Kassie to Sylvan Beach, and Dizzle left. I was now on my own, but at least I had great friends and family around.
                                                                     
                                                                        AUGUST
Dizzle and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary from a distance (lame I know lol). My best friend's family got new dachshund puppies, some good friends of mine from college got married and I did some typical summer activities in CNY (like putt-putt).




SEPTEMBER

Went apple picking with Kassie and my best friend, also went to a Thirty-One gifts party and got a new gym bag with my future monogram on it. 

OCTOBER
Was a pretty busy month! Went pumpkin picking, went to Virginia to visit my brother and looked at apartments. We also took Kassie trick-or-treating, and I went to a Halloween party with the besties :)




NOVEMBER
Thanksgiving, of course, and I went to Long Island/NYC to visit some old friends! It was an awesome weekend, I also went to my first Broadway show :) The only bad news I had was that we had to change our wedding date, so we decided to get married earlier, and then have our big wedding later on. 

DECEMBER
Big month! I had my last day of work, where I was thrown a big breakfast party and I knew I was going to miss everyone. But Dizzle came back and we got married!!! We got to spend Christmas and New Year's together, and now we are living in VA. I've gained a wonderful new family, which I visited throughout the year. I couldn't ask to be surrounded by better people. I'm thankful for everyone in my life. I hope this year is just as exciting as 2010!

 Of course this isn't everything that has happened this past year. But I've realized that I can be extremely independent, that I have a man that loves me greatly, and that I also have friends and family behind me. I think that's all I could ever ask for. :)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment