Friday, January 28, 2011

Things I've Learned So Far...

So I thought I would do a small rant because I've been a little frustrated this morning and it helps to write it out. Here are some things I've learned so far about being in a new area and being a navy spouse (lame I know) haha.
1). Get a Power of Attorney. I wish I did before Dizzle left to go underway, I've been okay getting things done for the most part, but I feel that this is really important.
2). Patience is key. I've never really had a problem before with patience, but I've learned that now it's more important than ever (especially being further south now and in a congested area). This is why I go to Yoga or the gym, or write in my blog. Just remember that things will, eventually, get done.
3). Stay organized. After watching hours of Hoarders, and after going through Dizzle's paperwork, I've learned the value of organization. I've always been very organized when it came to the workplace, now I know it's just as important at home.
4). You will be on the phone, for a while. But, for the most part, people are willing to help you out with anything you need, to the best of their ability.
5). Get a bank account in the state your in. If you discover that your bank isn't in your new state, go get one new one (or open a new one) as soon as you can.
6). The Fleet and Family Support centers have free, great programs, use them.
7). Jump into things. I've gone online and met some other women in the area. It's sounds weird, but you have to live life and take a few risks here and there. Do it.
8). Have a good book in hand. I'm finally reading the sequel to Ender's Game (Ender in Exile) which is pretty awesome so far. Random, I know. But always have a good book in hand to turn to when your frustrated or a favorite tv show, or video game.

Other than this...just remember to do the things you love and to stay busy and focused :)

No comments:

Post a Comment