Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome to Virginia!

So it's been a little crazy since Christmas, Dizzle got back from being at sea after a long while and we had been on the go ever since. We got married, relaxed (very little), caught up with each other, rented a truck, and drove to our new home in Virginia (where we are now stationed). I figured I'd start a blog, a good way to get my thoughts out and let people know how we're doing. Our wedding was quick, in front of a Chinese pagoda in downtown Norfolk, it was right on the water, but I thought it was rather beautiful...freezing, but beautiful. Our marriage commissioner was a little old lady who reminded us of the lady in Poltergeist with her little voice, and the way she presented herself. Dizzle and I had a good laugh about it though. We drove home after the ceremony and then all the Christmas fun started. We saw pretty much everyone, and after a nice 10 days or so, got ready to head to VA. Packing, which I absolutely hate, was as awful as I thought it would be, but luckily we got everything packed, and my brother and his girlfriend drove down Dizzle's car while we rode in the rental. The ride was easy, seeing as we are dorks and listened to stand-up comedy the whole way (I LOVE Jim Gaffigan). Dizzle was also concentrating very hard driving the truck, which kind of made me laugh. When we got here, it was in the 60's, much nicer than the 20 degree weather . We got everything unpacked and we had a couple days together. I pretty much have been putting the apartment together since then. Dizzle got the HUGE tv he wanted, which my brother also watched the whole week. But other than that, we've been enjoying our time together as a little family, had some friends up (which will be my next post) and have created our little home.

I'm a little sad because Dizzle goes out again very shortly for a few weeks, it always seems like whenever we have time together, something else always has to slip in. I can't complain though, I knew what I was getting into. I do thank God everyday though that Dizzle and I were best friends for 6 years first before we got married. It does make things little easier (even though we both wish we had gotten together sooner), and we always laugh at everything. Either that or we debate about a subject, the joy of an elephant and a donkey living together under one roof. Right now for me, my goals are to find a job (homemaker doesn't really cut it for me, I already miss working...what's wrong with me), look for a church, get into Yoga again, and find some good books to read. At this exact moment though, I'm addicted to Netflix. We also didn't have internet for two weeks (or television) so it's been great doing those things at the same time. My days have been very busy with errands though, but I really want to watch a movie before I go out to do them...I think I'll do that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment